English Discoveries Online
User base - over 5 Million worldwide
English Discoveries Online is a complete, computer-assisted, e-learning service for children and adults. Based on Edusoft's award-winning English Discoveries, EDO is
suitable for both the corporate and institutional markets. Now you can have it all - captivating multimedia, individualized learning paths, personal progress tracking, a full Teacher Management System - just some of the breathtaking features to help your students enjoy over 1000 hours of the very best in computer-assisted learning...
EDO's advanced Teacher Management System ensures that the teacher can monitor and direct students as they immerse themselves in the language through a range of articles on topical issues, radio broadcasts, full-screen videos and animations.
Ages: 12 and up
(optimized for Internet Explorer 7 on the PC)
- Advanced Internet/Intranet Teacher Management system
- Comprehensive teacher implementation tools, including Teacher's Guide
Lesson Plans and Workbook
- Authoring Tool to create lessons which integrate with the EDO interface
- Fully customized learning paths
- Over 950 learning hours
- Bilingual audio dictionary featuring over 17,000 vocabulary items
- Adaptive streaming video over advanced Internet technology
- Tools for easy tracking and reporting of student progress
- Teaches web literacy as part of the English learning curriculum
- Community Intranet site constantly updated
English Discoveries Online consists of nine courses at Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Level. Each course is comprised of approximately eight topic-based units
providing over 1000 hours of learning. Each unit covers the skills of Listening, Reading, Speaking, Grammar and web literacy.Each unit is made up of a broad range of materials guaranteed to motivate students, including articles on topical issues, full-screen video, radio broadcasts and animations. Each activity is accompanied by a generous number of exercises designed to give students practice in the target language.
Within each learning area there are a range of online tools designed to provide students with the pedagogical support needed to effectively and independently work in that learning area, for example, the audio version of written texts, translations, dictionary and visual aids.