The Word Combination Card + Free e-workbook
THE WORD COMBINATION CARD
A Writer's Reference
New 2nd Edition!
Language Level: Intermediate through High Advanced
Educational Sectors: Language Institutes, High School, Pre-University, University
The Word Combination Card helps students develop fluency, precision, and clarity in their academic writing. It is a clear, full-color guide to core academic sentence patterns and collocations, and features a FREE downloadable 120-page Student Workbook. Key features include:
- A breakdown of important language patterns: The card covers essential sentence patterns to help students compose topic sentences/thesis statements and express cause-effect, comparison-contrast, exemplification, and other key relationships. The Word Combination Card also includes sections on sentence starters, reporting information, and expressing quantity.
- An easy-to-follow presentation of high-frequency collocations: Bolded, color-coded collocation patterns and clear examples help students understand and use core academic collocations.
- A special section on common academic topics: The card provides essential word combinations in content areas such as business and finance, health, education, science and technology, and more. The card helps students build and use high-frequency academic vocabulary in these and other areas.
- A breakdown of preposition use in academic contexts, featuring an illustrated breakdown of prepositions of place and time, as well as subsections dealing with citing sources and introducing topics.
- A beautiful full-color format: All sections of the card are color-coded for easy-to-read, easy-to-understand use.
- Durable construction: The Word Combination Card is printed on heavy card stock and covered with a thick laminate. The card is 4¼" x 10½" folded and 25" x 10½" stretched out.
- Value and versatility: The Card converts to a centerpiece writing text with the free downloadable Student Workbook from www.WordCombinationCard.com.