International Legal English
High Intermediate to Advanced
Suitable for classroom use or self-study, this course teaches language learners how to use English in a commercial law environment. The book focuses on a variety of legal topics including contracts, company formation, debtor-creditor relationships and intellectual property rights. Using authentic texts to present and practise legal language, the course develops the four key skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
In addition, this course is ideal preparation for the new Cambridge International Legal English Certificate (ILEC) and contains exam practice tasks, exam tips and a practice ILEC test supplied by Cambridge ESOL.
The accompanying Teacher's Book guides teachers through the exercises in the book and adds a whole new communicative dimension to the course.
- Written by lawyers from the US, Britain and Canada together with ELT specialists.
- Authentic legal texts supplied by TransLegal - Europe's leading firm of lawyer-linguists.
- Authentic case studies which allow learners to consolidate and practise what they have learnt.
- Authentic and up-to-date language informed by the Cambridge Legal English Corpus, part of the Cambridge International Corpus.
- Online task-based exercises linked to every unit of the book which improve students' ability to conduct web-based research.