English for Restaurant Workers, 2nd Ed.
The book is designed for use by
• The Trainee waiter or waitress who needs the specific vocabulary and commonly used expressions for their job.
• Any English speaking, entry-level restaurant employee who needs an easy-to-follow guide to the various tasks in restaurant work
• The restaurant trainer or language instructor, whose job can be supplemented and facilitated by the material in this book.
Each unit is a four-page spread.
- The first two pages depict particular restaurant tasks as they should be performed. Captions below each frame contain the vocabulary needed for that task.
- Key vocabulary boxes at the end of each unit list all the important and useful words for the given task.
- For Special Attention boxes in each unit explain idioms and certain words or phrases more fully.
- The following two pages consist of exercises, word puzzles, role-plays etc., which incorporate the target vocabulary and expressions covered in the unit.
The Volume also contains
- An answer key to the exercises.
- A glossary of basic job-related words and phrases