|Press Release - ALEXIS|
Encomium Publications introduces ALEXIS, web-based CD-ROM to help non-native speakers optimize TOEIC¨ test scores and business success.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Maryam Hallez, (513) 871-4377
Encomium Publications has introduced Alexis, a comprehensive CD-ROM-based resource for non-native users of English. The product is ideal for those preparing for the TOEIC¨ test or desiring focused, interactive help in understanding English, the international language of business.
Alexis offers a wealth of practical help for those wanting to gain further proficiency and confidence in using English. As a TOEIC test preparation system, it:
* is an ideal self-study course for those at the intermediate-to-advanced levels of proficiency; provides 600 exercises that help users master test-taking skills for all test sections;
* offers immediate, detailed feedback for both correct and incorrect responses; and
* improves time management skills with timed questions for all sections.
As a tool for gaining competency and confidence in understanding and using English in workplace environments, Alexis helps users:
* conduct themselves comfortably with co-workers, clients and others in a variety of situations;
* understand and use English in business overall, as well as in specific contexts such as human resources, sales/marketing and purchasing;
* gain insights about presenting themselves well in meetings as a manager, employee or team member;
* optimize their use of the phone and other office technologies; writing and understanding of letters and other communications;
Finally, Alexis is designed to help users:
* become comfortable in handling themselves in formal business situations, as well as in the informal social situations that are often key to business success.
Alexis can be used as a stand-alone CD or installed on a server to be accessed by multiple users.
©1999-2000 Encomium Publications. All rights reserved. TOEIC is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS). Alexis is not endorsed or approved by ETS or The Chauncey Group International Ltd. The TOEIC program is administered by The Chauncey Group International Ltd., a subsidiary of Educational Testing Service. Test of English for International Communication is a registered trademark of ETS.